B. Eligible Borrowers
Which type of borrowers can be covered under the Scheme?
New and existing Micro and Small Enterprises engaged in manufacturing or service activity excluding Retail Trade, Educational Institutions, Agriculture, Self Help Groups (SHGs), Training Institutions etc.
2. Whether borrowers from all service sector enterprises are eligible under the Scheme?
As of now, all activities that come under service sector as per RBI's guidelines on 'Lending to Priority Sector' and MSMED Act, 2006 except retail trade are eligible for coverage under the scheme.
3. Whether loans given to Small Road Transport Operators are eligible for coverage under the Scheme?
Yes. Small road and water transport loans are eligible for guarantee cover.
4. Is it compulsory for the borrower to obtain Income Tax Permanent Account Number [IT-PAN] to be an eligible borrower?
Under the Guarantee Scheme, a borrower is required to obtain IT PAN number prior to availing of credit facility from the eligible lending institution. Also it is a mandatory requirement under section 139A(5) read with section 272(C) of the I.T Act 1961 to indicate IT PAN on all tax documents which include returns, challans, appeals, etc. However, in respect of loans up to Rs. 10 lakh, CGTMSE is presently not insisting that the IT PAN be obtained at the time of availing of the guarantee cover. IT Pan No. is to be indicated in respect of credit facility above Rs.10 lakh. Nevertheless, the MLIs have been advised to inform their borrowers to apply for IT PAN number. It is desirable to indicate IT Pan No. in all the application irrespective of the amount.
5. Is guarantee benefit available to existing units of a lending institution which has become a MLI of CGTMSE?
In case of existing units, additional credit facilities in the form of term loan or renewal of working capital facilities can be covered as and when the facilities are extended, provided no collateral security and/ or third party guarantee is obtained. Part of the credit facility with collateral and part of the facility without collateral for guarantee cover would not be entertained if it is considered as a composite credit.
6. Is it necessary that a borrower to be eligible should obtain all the required credit facilities from a single institution?
Credit facilities can be extended by more than one bank and/or financial institution jointly and/or separately to eligible borrower upto a maximum upto Rs.100 lakh per borrower subject to ceiling amount of individual MLI or such amount as may be specified by the Trust.
7.Co-financing to a MSE unit by Financial Institution with a Commercial Bank can be covered under the Scheme?
Yes, joint financing by a financial institution (e.g. SIDBI,NSIC, NEDFi) and Commercial bank can be covered under the scheme. For e.g. MSE unit is financed by term loan from State financial institution and Working capital from a commercial bank.
8. Whether credit facility extended to self-help group can be covered under the scheme?
No. At present, as per the Scheme, the credit facility extended to Self Help Group cannot be covered.